things i love about this book:
- leslie's individuality;
- leslie's parents allowing her to be imaginative and supporting her creativity and quirks;
- jess' journey of self discovery;
- jess and leslie's friendship;
- the idea of creating an imaginary kingdom of one's own;
- the message about the importance of imagination;
- jess and leslie's revenge and then compassion toward janice the bully;
- the way jess' grief and reaction are depicted.
honestly, this book is too sad for me to read very often, but i think it is an amazing book. i consider it a must read.